Veteran Benefits Forms
Semester Certification Request and Responsibility Checklist
Purpose: A form completed each semester by students to be certified for VA benefits and ensure that students fully understand their responsibility as recipients of VA benefits. The same form is also utilized for students who need to amend their certification due to adding or dropping classes.
Procedure: Complete the form online.
Processing Time: 3 – 5 business days (Registrar’s Office) and 6 – 9 weeks for the VA to process once it is received.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT WE HAVE YOUR CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY (COE) ON FILE PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THIS FORM. WE CANNOT PROCESS IT , WITHOUT THE COE.
UMBC offers There are on- and off-campus resources for job-seeking and skill-building.
- The Shriver Center can help you find volunteer and leadership opportunities in community-based programs.
- UMBC Training Centers delivers high-quality, flexible professional education and training.
- The Career Center connects students to jobs, internships, career workshops, and professional resources, including career counseling and networking opportunities.
- Handshake is an online recruiting system with thousands of listed job opportunities.
In the Community:
- Army Civilian Services employs army civilians to support the U.S. Army.
- Upcoming Job Fairs in Maryland
- Maryland DLLR Veteran Services has a listing of websites to help you find veteran-friendly jobs.
- Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) prepares veterans for meaningful careers and protects their employment rights.
Did you know that veterans are entitled to hiring preference for virtually all federal jobs?
These groups and facilities are available to you as a UMBC student.
These resources are not affiliated with UMBC and aim to help veterans adjust to post-military life.
- The Federal Vet Center Program helps veterans and their families work toward post-war adjustment. The center nearest to campus is:
- Baltimore Vet Center
1777 Reisterstown Road, Suite 199
Baltimore, MD 21208
- Baltimore Vet Center
- Vets 4 Warriors is a 24/7 confidential, anonymous peer support line. You can call, email, or live chat.
- Make the Connection offers peer support for veterans as well as self-assessment resources for signs of depression, PTSD, and substance abuse.
- Adjustments After Deployment has information and resources on many topics relating to wellness for the military community.
- VA Education Page